We are currently hiring a CTO for an exciting project in Computer Games industry in Barcelona.
Our customer is a startup from Barcelona which is as a spin-off of two larger market opportunities in the field of videogames for PC and it counts with a seed capital to be launched in 2018.
The startup is formed by 5 veterans in the industry and world-level developers with international success.
Are you up for the challenge? Are you willing to make games that bring people together? To build them and to play them? Let’s make games better together. Here are some specifics on what we’re looking for…
This person will oversee core/game tech groups and also provide oversight to Technical Directors of each game franchise. He/she will manage proprietary game tech (game engine and tools) development and customization and implementation of 3rd party tech for game development efforts.
The ideal candidate has an intrinsic passion for achieving the best results, the drive to support their teammates in conquering the toughest challenges in the industry, and is well-versed in the purpose and design of all game engine systems including rendering and real-time client-server multiplayer.
– Expert understanding of current technology, middleware, and architecture choices, including their advantages and drawbacks.
– Ensure that games are being built with the right methodology, uphold best coding practices, perform code reviews, and pay consideration to long-term quality and future code-sharing.
– Provide technical expertise to develop leading-edge technologies from start to finish: architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
– Determine necessary resources to create prototypes of identified initiatives.
– Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines. Ensure timelines, expectations, and deliverables and that the team(s) involved are held accountable to these expectations.
– SME in clear, maintainable, highly-functional code and portable C++ code.
– Report the state of technology with honesty and clarity to the team and senior leadership.
– Develop project plans and ensure execution.
– Ensure server-side architecture is highly scalable according to best practices and principals.
– 3-4+ years of experience in a technical leadership role at a reputable game studio.
– Experience with AAA titles.
– Extensive project management experience, from initiation and planning to implementation and ongoing management, to completion.
– Ideally someone with games as a service experience beyond just box product.
– Experience working with proprietary or customized 3rd party game engines.
– Knowledge of and some experience with platform/commerce side of technologies.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
– Attractive salary.
– Permanent contract.
– Great opportunity to work in horizontal management structure, in teamwork-fostered and agile environment.
– Become a key person in the new project launch and work with excellent world-level team in the industry.
– Offices in the city center of Barcelona.
Sounds like you or would like to get more information?
APPLY NOW by filling in the form below or by sending us your CV directly with a subject “CTO Computer Games – BARCELONA” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
and Let´s Build The Future Together!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com